Solar panels are a great way to reduce your energy bills and do your bit for the environment. In fact, they are such a good renewable energy solution that the government wants the UK to have 10 million homes with solar panels by 2020 if the government wants to fulfill its renewable energy targets. That’s why the government has been offering incentives for homeowners that install panels for the past 6 years.
In January, the government cut the Feed-in Tariff, the scheme that paid homeowners for every unit of energy they produce. The rate went from 12.47p/kWh to 4.39p/kWh, sparking outrage amongst homeowners and solar companies. But as the Feed-in Tariff rates go down, so does the cost of installation – so there are still plenty of reasons why solar panels are a fantastic investment. Additionally, with the rise in solar battery storage, you can save even more on your electricity bills.
Time is running out
If you are considering solar panels, you should act soon so you can benefit from the Feed-in Tariff. The tariff will decrease every three months and there is a cap on how many installations can receive each tariff, so you want to get quotes as soon as possible. Once you’ve applied for the Feed-in Tariff, the rate you receive is locked in for the next 20 years, no matter what happens to the Feed-in tariff over that time.
5 reasons to go solar
1. Earn up to £5,000 tax free from the Feed-in Tariff for the energy you use and don’t use
2. Generate your own electricity and end your reliance on the big six energy companies
3. Save up to 50% on your electricity bills
4. Use a solar battery so you can store electricity to use at night – this could save you an extra 15% on your bills
5. Add value to your property – buyers are looking for panels already installed on homes
If you’re ready to go solar, start by getting at least 4 quotes from MCS-registered installers so you can benefit from the lucrative Feed-in Tariff as soon as possible.
Facts & Figures You’ll Love To Share
- Earn up to £5,000 TAX FREE with solar panels.
- Use a solar battery to store your electricity to use at night and save on your bills
- Save up to 50% on your electricity bills with solar panels.
- Generate your own electricity and end your dependence on big energy companies with solar
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?